2012 Breeders’ Cup Ladies Classic Cheat Sheet
By Dana Byerly, Hello Race Fans Co-founder
Not to worry, we have a 2012 Breeders’ Cup Classic Cheat Sheet!
2012 Breeders’ Cup Ladies Classic Replay
Courtesy of the Breeders’ Cup
So you want to watch the 2012 Breeders’ Cup Ladies Classic on Friday but you have no idea who’s running. Not to worry! Here’s a thumbnail of the field in order of post position with their morning line odds. Check back Friday and Saturday for our Breeders’ Cup picks!
Want to play the this or any of the 2012 Breeder’s Cup races?
Sign up for a TwinSpires account, it’s quick and easy and you’ll be playing in no time… and maybe even winning!
1. Grace Hall (10-1) FOURTH – Talented filly has been a little uneven this year after running a solid 2nd behind My Miss Aurelia in last year’s Juvenile Fillies. Last out she got a confidence building win in the Grade 2 Indiana Oaks after a quizzically bad effort as the favorite in the Grade 1 Alabama, won by Questing. Her stalking running style is perfect for this race, if the real Grace Hall shows up she could definitely be in the mix.
2. My Miss Aurelia PLACE (2nd) (4-1) – Last year’s Juvenile Fillies winner missed much of the year but proved that she’s returned to top form by outdueling Questing in the Grade 1 Cotillion at Parx to bring her undefeated record to 6-6. Since then she’s been training up a storm at Santa Anita in preparation and making a very favorable impression in the mornings.
3. Class Included (30-1) – Emerald Downs homegirl has only lost once in her 7 seven starts this year and that was only by a 1/4-length, but she takes a big step up here, especially in this year’s field. To her advantage she’s battled tested at the distance winning 5 of 6 times and she likes a fast pace (which seems likely).
4. Questing (4-1) – She got her start in England and stuck around after shipping in for an unnotable 5th in last year’s Juvenile Fillies, won by My Miss Aurelia. After a few lackluster starts in the claiming ranks she burst onto the scene with a win in the Grade 1 Coaching Club Oaks, followed up with a romp in the Grade 1 Alabama and then a narrow defeat by My Miss Aurelia in the Grade 1 Cotillion. She’s at her best with some company on the lead, and it looks like she’s in luck.
5. Awesome Feather (3-1) – Making only her third start this year, the lightly raced, undefeated 2010 Juvenile Fillies winner has been impressive in every race. She has yet to race in graded company this year but her cautiously managed campaigned seems to have been designed to get to her this point. She’s been working regularly since the summer and appears to be ready to go.
6. Royal Delta (9-5) WINNER – If last year’s Ladies’ Classic winner runs back to her 9-length romp in last month’s Grade 1 Beldame at Belmont Park she could be very tough to beat. One of the only knocks against her is that she has yet to run at Santa Anita, but her 8 career wins have come over 5 different tracks. She caught a few nicks and cuts on the flight out but by all accounts appears ready to defend her title in a tough field.
7. Include Me Out (15-1) SHOW (3rd) – The California local has had a great year, winning 4 of 6 starts and never off the board. Last out she ran a lackluster 3rd to Love and Pride in the Grade 1 Zenyatta at Santa Anita and it’s hard to tell if she just had an off day or if she’s in tough with the out-of-town talent. With more speed in this race the likely pace scenario should be more to her liking.
8. Love and Pride (8-1) – Two back she got the best of Royal Delta in the Grade 1 Personal Ensign and followed it up with solid, tactical front-running win in the Grade 1 Zenyatta at Santa Anita. It’s unlikely she’ll get to pull that neat trick again with Questing in the field but she’s successfully rated off the pace in the past. She’s also been making a positive impression training at Santa Anita.